100 Days of Summer Fun – CSRA Kids
We love summer!! Cue the pool, beach, the grill and cut up the watermelon. We know that summer can be overwhelming at times. Especially when the kiddos start using the B – word. *Eye Roll* Bored. So here at CSRA Kids…we wanted to give you some summer inspiration!
We are issuing a 100 Days of Summer Fun challenge! We have compiled a list of super fun activities for you to do with the kiddos this summer. Some are cheap, some are free, some require a drive and some things you can do right at your own home. The list is just a guideline!
PLEASE NOTE: THERE MIGHT BE RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID.
Ready to get started? Follow the checklist below and let’s have a great summer!
1. Bookmark the 100 Days of Summer Fun List.
2. Join our 100 Days of Summer Fun Facebook group.
3. Let the adventures begin! Document your summer shenanigans and post them in the FB group and tag your photos #csrakidsummer on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter! People who share get a chance to win fun prizes.
We look forward to having a super fun summer break!!
1. Crank up this song, turn on the video camera, and make a “Good Bye School!” music video!
2. It’s time for summer reading! Win some cool prizes and more! Find your local program!
3. Get up offa that thing and head to Downtown Augusta to get a selfie with James Brown!
4. Check out our Splashin’ Around the CSRA guide to find a splash pad to visit!
5. Beat the heat at Skateland of Augusta. Open Noon til 4 PM – Wed, Thurs, Friday. Only $5 includes skates!
6. Visit a local ice cream shop. Here is a list of them!
7. Sign up for Soccer Shots!!! Ages 2-8. This fun, engaging and character building soccer program is a great way to spend the summer.
8. Join the Looney Tunes Savings Club!! Kids earn prizes as they save!!
9. Take a trip to your local farmers market!
10. Sign up for a local vacation bible school. Here is our VBS Guide!
12. Go fishing! Check out these spots!
13. Go camping at one of the various campgrounds around Strom Thurmond Lake.
14. Go find the local trains! Here are some to see.
16. Go Kayaking! Check out Cole Watkins Tours. He is fantastic with kids.
17. Build a Boredom Jar!
18. Visit the Morris Museum of Art. (It’s free on Sundays!!)
19. Get crafty at AR Workshop Evans! They have kid projects!
21. Take the fun inside at The Playhouse!
22. Feed the horses treats at the Equine Rescue of Aiken.
23. Visit The Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History.
24. Take a day trip to Greenville, SC. Check out Kidding Around Greenville for ideas!
25. Take a hike at Phinizy Swamp and Nature Park.
26. Go biking on the Augusta Canal.
27. Go Tubing at Saluda Shoals! Perfect day trip.
28. Turn on the sprinklers and let the kids go crazy!
29. Go Bowling! Bowl free this summer at Stars and Strikes.
30. Organize a massive water gun battle.
32. Cool off at Raes Creek Park.
33. Try one of this one tank day trips!
34. Make homemade play-doh. Here’s a recipe.
35. Play a game of dodgeball with the kids!!
36. Organize a play date and let the kids entertain themselves.
37. Have a car wash for your toys, bikes, and scooters.
38. Start an old-fashioned water balloon fight.
39. Visit Helen Tubing and Waterpark! 3 Hour Drive from North Augusta.
40. Lay down sheets of bubble wrap and let the kids roll around.
41. Sing karaoke with the family!!
42. Visit a South Carolina beach.
43. Take a trip out to Lakes Springs Recreation at Clarkes Hill Lake.
44. Download the Heads Up app and play a few rounds with the kids.
45. Rainy Day? Build a fort in the living room using couch cushions, blankets, and old sheets.
46. Visit a Georgia Beach!
47. Walk the North Augusta Greeneway. (It’s shady)
48. Play flashlight tag.
49. Pack a Picnic and head down to Brick Pond Park.
50. Make a bonfire and make smores.
51. Have a family day at Richardsons Lake Water Park and Outdoor Recreation!
52. Take a dip at a lake beach…Mistletoe State Park has a sandy beach!
53. Visit the Augusta Museum of History.
54. Sign the kids up for a week of Day Camp! See our Summer Camp Guide.
55. Play old-school backyard games like Leap Frog, Red Rover, Mother May I?, and Red Light, Green Light 1-2-3
56. Play board games.
57. Make your own indoor greenhouse,
58. Play Lawn Twister!
59. Wash the car! It can be wet fun.
60. Grab a slushie from the local Sonic.
61. Adopt a goldfish.
62. Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
63. Buy school supplies and pack a backpack for a kid in need for the next school year. Consider donating them to Fit 4 School!
64. Host a slumber party.
65. Learn how to sew at My Best Friend’s Sewing Room!
66. Go on a mural hunt!! Here is a list of murals in Augusta, GA.
67. Pull out a deck of cards for old-fashioned games like War, Old Maid and Go Fish.
68. Take a lazy day! PJ’s and free time.
69. Take the kids to jump at Air Strike!
70. Make your own pizza!
71. Read a book together.
72. Make lemonade.
73. Paint some rocks and hide them around town! Be sure to share them in the rock groups.
74. Meet some friends at the playground.
75. Take a family nap.
76. Have a family movie night.
77. Take a beach trip.
78. Collaborate on a summer vacation scrapbook using one page for each day.
79. Enjoy some indoor rock climbing at Active Climb!
80. Do a service project! Clean up trash on a street, do a nice thing for a neighbor, have a neighborhood can food drive.
81. Make dad a homemade Fathers Day Card.
82. Go see the fireworks on the Fourth of July.
83. Grill Out!
84. Bake cookies together.
85. Have your own version of a cooking competition! Here is an example.
86. Do a Local Park Tour Week! Here are some parks to add!
87. Play Ultimate Frisbee.
88. Make tie-dye T-shirts together. For less mess, skip the dye and try this Sharpie method.
89. Play a game of kickball.
90. Take a day trip to a water park! Find some here.
91. Go Gold Panning!
92. Check into a local hotel and let the kids swim all day!
93. Pay a meal forward.
94. Invite friends over a multi-family game night!
95. Attend a theater play.
96. Sign up for a service project.
97. Gather up outgrown clothes and donate them to a local non-profit.
98. Plan one last summer hoorah! This one is on you.
99. Finish your Summer Scrapbook!
100. Plan a getaway weekend with friends!! You deserve it…you just rocked summer!!