Juneteenth 2022 Celebration
The Augusta Museum of History (AMH) in partnership with local organizations and individuals is excited to be able to once again host its Annual Juneteenth Celebration on June 18, 2022 from 10:00 – 5:00. The activities are part of a tradition of festivals commemorating the end of slavery, African American contributions to American life, and freedom itself.
The museum’s Juneteenth commemoration will once again be offered onsite and will include activities exploring the meaning of freedom and engaging in African American cultural traditions. The Museum’s goal with this event is to help our visitors reflect on the meaning of Juneteenth and the richness of African American culture, a culture born out of imagination, resilience, and courage with a focus on education, achievement, and bringing people together from all walks of life to recognize our shared history while embracing the African American experience, regardless of race, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status.
Juneteenth activities will include:
• Opportunities to learn the full history of Juneteenth
• Activities that celebrate the richness of African American culture
• Performances bringing the African American narrative to life
• Opportunities for reflection on today’s events with regard to the past
• Various community organizations will provide assistance and resources
Museum Admission: $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $3 for children ages 6 to 18, and free for children 5 and under. Museum Members have free admission. Events in the Rotunda are free.